Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weird Acceleration Problems

Posted by James G-J 
Weird Acceleration Problems
September 24, 2015 07:18PM
So I've been printing successfully for a little while now and recently my reprap on RAMPS 1.4 and Marlin started printing as if it was set to accelerate at like 50mm/s^2 instead of the 3000 I had been slowly working up too and printed successfully a few times.

I was printing at 30 - 60mm/s before w travel at 50 - 75. It still travels as fast as it did before with hard acceleration, which is great to see, but it can never reach a very high speed while extruding due to the slow acceleration and deceleration, making things veeeery slow when they could be moving at some decent speeds finally.

All the values are right as far as I can see in the firmware, and the only time acceleration is even mentioned in the config file is in that one spot around all the mechanical settings so I don't know where else to look, don't think I changed anything crazy.

I made sure it was nothing is slic3r either but all the advanced acceleration settings were set to 0 so i tried ramping those up with no change in outcome.

Any advice or ideas would be great cos I'm reaaaall lost right now
Re: Weird Acceleration Problems
October 03, 2015 06:43AM
James G-J
I made sure it was nothing is slic3r

This is the skeinforge section, totally different slicer all together. Are you using slic3r just to test whether it's the slicer, or is that your primary slicer that you're having trouble with?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login