Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skeinforge Tower Bug?

Posted by dazed.dnc 
Skeinforge Tower Bug?
December 12, 2010 02:51AM
I'm using Skeinforge 36 found at [fabmetheus.crsndoo.com]

I have disabled "tower", but it still seems to be using the tower settings.

Does anyone else have this problem? I have been trying a lot of different versions of Skeinforge and firmware, so it is entirely possible that I have wrecked a file somewhere in the process of moving things around.
emt
Re: Skeinforge Tower Bug?
December 12, 2010 07:46AM
Hi

I have found that if you don't do a clean install of Skeinforge you can sometimes get strange effects. I now always delete the skeinforge folder ( having made a safe copy of any custom files in the alterations directory) and start from scratch. Your settings should not be effected but I would back them up as a precaution anyway.

Regards

Ian
Re: Skeinforge Tower Bug?
December 12, 2010 04:51PM
Thanks for the suggestion. While it seems to have fixed another problem I was having, it still appears to be using the tower settings. I'm a bit confused though because "maximum tower height" is set to 5, yet it only prints two layers at each tower.

Prior to deleting the old settings, tower had been set to 2 layers. Is it possible that it is somehow pulling these settings from a location other than the settings folder that is in my user's home folder?

I need to do more testing to confirm if it is time/speed related or not , but for the moment my arduino has stopped restarting itself mid-build. When I wiped out the old settings folder, I started a new profile with my feed rates doubled from what I had been using. I finally managed to print a Skeinforge generated Gcode file all the way through for the first time.

Edit: Nope, both problems are still there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 05:22PM by dazed.dnc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login