Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

oozebane

Posted by makeme 
oozebane
January 25, 2011 02:03PM
I don't want to get into a explanation of the problems I've been having (it got really long so I just deleted it).

1) Is there a way to tell oozebane to turn off while inside an object? I don't really care if there are threads on the inside of a solid object; the only time it matters is when the print head is moving from one perimeter to another across the outside of an object. There's no reason to slow down and turn the extruder on and off in an area that's going to be sealed anyway.

2) Is there a way to tell oozebane to turn off when it's printing a bridge? Currently it treats a thread being extruded over a chasm between two towers like any other thread. This means that it works perfectly when the print head keeps moving, but when it slows down (when oozebane activates) the thread drops straight down into the hole.
Re: oozebane
January 25, 2011 04:38PM
Forget Oozebane (deactivate it), use Extruder Retraction in Dimension instead.

Extruder Retraction Speed (mm/s): 480.0
Retraction Distance (millimeters): 50.0
Restart Extra Distance (millimeters): 0.2

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
January 25, 2011 08:41PM
If only it was that easy smiling smiley I'm using a thing-o-matic upon which I have crudely installed a relay. It was the only way to get the extruder working. SO...I can only turn the motor forward at full speed, or stop it.

Is there a software solution to those problems with oozebane I asked about previously?
January 25, 2011 11:46PM
I don't think there's a way to do that in SkeinForge.

Also, Extruder Retraction only works for stepper motor extruders.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
January 25, 2011 11:53PM
If there's no way to fix those issues, does that mean if they're causing a problem you just have to turn oozebane off? Do most people not print with oozebane on?
January 26, 2011 01:14AM
Most people in this community use stepper extruders, which can be more precisely controlled. When I was using an MK4 extruder with PLA I was able to use oozebane without issue, although it would cause a little more droop on bridges.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login