Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skeinforge thin walls gaps

Posted by CVMichael 
Skeinforge thin walls gaps
November 20, 2016 06:38PM
I googled this, and found that many have this problem, but I did not see a solution that worked.

I did set the extra shells to 0, and no difference (that's the common "solution" to this)
I don't know why the slicer does not put any infill between the walls, there should be enough space, but it just leaves it empty!

The wall thickness for my part is 1.5 mm, if I make the part thicker it will put infill, and if I make it thinner the walls became close enough to join/stick together. But there is this "sweet spot" where the walls are far so they don't touch, but too narrow to put any infill even though by looking at it, there is enough space to put infill.

Did anyone find a solution that works?

My 3D printer is a Mendel90, with a 0.4 mm nozzle
Attachments:
open | download - 2016-11-20 15.56.12b.jpg (538.4 KB)
Re: Skeinforge thin walls gaps
December 13, 2016 11:48AM
Hi CVMichael,

But there is this "sweet spot" where the walls are far so they don't touch, but too narrow to put any infill

The better solution is to decrease layers height: Skeinforge will "see" that space between walls can be filled, because width of extrusion will be thinner. You can make"decreasion" tests and see the results with Skeinlayer, without printing (Skeinlayer works with penultimate gcode files, to be generated in Export plugin).

Not too much recommended, you can also increase (decrease?) Fill / Infill Perimeter Overlap.

And, not recommended at all, and it is a supposition, you can play with Inset / Infill Width over Thickness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2016 11:56AM by François Delègue.

François
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login