Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skeinforge + Reprap Host = Serial Comm Error

Posted by aref_naa 
Skeinforge + Reprap Host = Serial Comm Error
March 30, 2011 08:33PM
Not sure whether to put this here or in repraphost.

I've been trying to switch to skeinforge as it produces better pathing for many parts (such as PLA Bushings, for some reason RRH produces a solid flat layer midway up the print). Unfortunately, even after setting up the firmware correctly for v40, I get problems when sending data- using RRH to print Skeinforge gcodes, I get errors stating that a line was sent without a checksum, and it gives me the first 1-10 characters of the line, followed by the extruder heat shutting down. It never does this with gcode generated with repraphost. Does anyone have a better method for getting the gcode to the printer so I can start testing and calibrating Skeinforge? This error only appears to occur with the modified firmware- i.e. acceleration off, E0_STEPS_PER_MM set for feedstock rather than extruded length.
Re: Skeinforge + Reprap Host = Serial Comm Error
March 31, 2011 01:57AM
Hi aref

Could you post the snippet of gcode that causes the error?

I am guessing skeinforge is including a gcode not recognised by the firmware.

Once you have identified the dodgy gcode you can use a file called replace.csv to replace the code with something innocuous, like an M105 which is a temperature request.
Re: Skeinforge + Reprap Host = Serial Comm Error
March 31, 2011 10:16AM
What electronics and firmware? What release reprap host are you using? What OS?

You can also use repsnapper to send the g-code. It has the advantage that you can "kick" it to force the print to continue if there's a communication freeze. You can also read the temperature to unfreeze it. The problem with it is that it takes a long time to read the g-code since it also interprets the tool path and displays it for you.

Skeinforge also came with a python code, send.py, that can be used to send g-code to the printer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2011 10:18AM by brnrd.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login