Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skeinforge Settings Archive Utility

Posted by jim_blag 
Skeinforge Settings Archive Utility
April 22, 2011 11:30PM
I've written a simple application to archive and restore the settings for Skeinforge. I can never remember what settings I've 'tweaked' from my optimal settings, this utility allows me to quickly and easily save a specific configuration and then restore it at later date.

I figured others might find it useful too. Details are here: SkeinArchiver

Happy Printing.

James

Blog: AdventuresIn3D-Printing
Re: Skeinforge Settings Archive Utility
April 23, 2011 06:02AM
That could be very useful. Thanks!
emt
April 23, 2011 10:56AM
Hi James

Really useful - thanks.

Note the latest version alterations directory is in the skeinforge_application directory. Could you add that to the backup?

Regards

Ian
April 25, 2011 01:33AM
My alterations directory is still in the '~/.skeinforge' directory, although I do see one in the application directory - but it is still using the settings from the '~/.skeinforge' directory. It must be a hangover from an old install.

I'll have a think about how to handle the two different locations. At the moment the application is pretty simple (~15-mins work) and hence dumb.

I guess if you had multiple replace files e.g. one for printing 0.25mm and one for printing 0.4mm, then you could keep them in the application alterations directory. The archive of the Skeinforge settings for each print style would reflect the use of a different replace file. It doesn't give you a back-up of the alteration files, but it would work in the meantime.

JB

Blog: AdventuresIn3-DPrinting
emt
April 26, 2011 12:21PM
Hi

I do have multiple replace files. Mainly due to different materials at the moment. But shortly different material diameters and different nozzle sizes as well.

Regards

Ian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login