Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Export settings impossible?

Posted by syncra 
Export settings impossible?
May 05, 2011 07:38AM
I would like to switch computer to run my machine and I need to transport my skeinforge (v40) settings from one computer to another.

I thought that was as simple as copying the folder with the settings I am using, which is placed in the folder "extrusion"! I opened the files with excel but my settings are not there, only standard settings. I opened all the skeingforge folders with other settings, but my personal modification are not there. Where are saved my settings? Is there any way to "export" them from skeinforge?

Basically, if I run skeinforge, my settings are loaded fine and there, but if I look for them on my computer I cannot find them!!
Please help if you have any clue. Thanks.
Re: Export settings impossible?
May 05, 2011 08:54AM
You forgot to mention what operating system you are using... eye rolling smiley

Under Windows your settings are contained in:
"c:\Documents and Settings[USERNAME]\.skeinforge"
If you copy all of the folder and files to the same place on the new computer (assuming it is also running Windows) then it should work.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
May 05, 2011 09:45AM
Try this:
[forums.reprap.org]
or:
[reprap.org]

Both should solve your problem...
May 05, 2011 11:58AM
thanks rhmorrison! I finally found them.... still puzzled why they are not in the application folder. Also, I use a start and end files and they are in the application folders (they are picked up from there) but here in the path you gave me I see there is another one! Mah... anyway I'm happy I found them! thank you.

@ ahmetcemturan: the portable SF sounds awesome!! Will definitely try it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login