Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Start From Choice Not Working

Posted by bbriggstkd 
Start From Choice Not Working
June 29, 2011 09:54PM
I may be doing something wrong but I have "Lower Left" selected but it is always just using "Nearest". I'm using version 40 of skeinforge. I've done some searches but can't find any information on bugs in that part of the code or anyhing. Does anyone have any insight?
Re: Start From Choice Not Working
June 30, 2011 01:37AM
You probably should delete all previous configuration files and start from scratch. SF is known to have trouble with settings when upgrading.
June 30, 2011 01:54AM
ahmetcemturan
You probably should delete all previous configuration files and start from scratch. SF is known to have trouble with settings when upgrading.

eye popping smiley WHAT? And have to reenter all the settings by Hand!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
July 01, 2011 01:59PM
Is that really the solutions, delete and reenter everything? Is there some way to print it off?
July 19, 2011 08:20PM
I deleted the profiles and reentered the settings. It is still just running as if "nearest" was set.
July 19, 2011 10:47PM
Are you printing one part or are you using the multiply feagure to print multiple copies of the same part? Multiple always work in the "nearest" fashion.
July 20, 2011 06:21AM
I'm using mulitply to print multiple copies of the same part.

If multiply always works in the "nearest" fashion, that is what is happening. I thought it was supposed to work for the multiply option.

Thanks
July 20, 2011 08:30AM
Unfortunately not. So, if you want multiple copies with "lower left" sequence, you have to combine the multiple copies of the part into one stl file before opening it in Skeinforge. This is what I do. I think SF takes longer this way than with the multiple option. But I'm not sure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login