Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[SOLVED] Psyco Install Issues

Posted by Buback 
[SOLVED] Psyco Install Issues
July 25, 2011 09:09PM
I installed it in the past, but can't seem to do it now (after a crash :-( )

when i click on the program it says "can't find msvcr71.dll". Anybody know what this is part of? .net?

The wider web says just download the dll and try again, but i'm leary of downloading a random dll.

windows 7 x86-64. the rest isn't important, since it did work in the past with the same hardware and OS

Edit:
Redistribution of the shared C runtime component in Visual C++(MS KnowledgeBase)

The shared CRT DLL has been distributed by Microsoft in the past as a shared system component. This may cause problems when you run applications that are linked to a different version of the CRT on computers that do not have the correct versions of the CRT DLL installed. This is commonly referred to as the "DLL Conflict" problem.

To address this issue, the CRT DLL is no longer considered a system file, therefore, distribute the CRT DLL with any application that relies on it. Because it is no longer a system component, install it in your applications Program Files directory with other application-specific code. This prevents your application from using other versions of the CRT library that may be installed on the system paths.

For Msvcr70.dll or for Msvcr71.dll, you should install the CRT DLL into your application program files directory. You should not install these files into the Windows system directories. For Msvcr80.dll and for Msvcr90.dll, you should install the CRT as Windows side-by-side assemblies.

So, if you just drop them into the directory with the installer .exe, it'll run. I also noticed this problem with pypy.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 09:45AM by Buback.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login