Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SF43

Posted by NoobMan 
SF43
September 29, 2011 07:43PM
First of all, many thanks for this great piece of software.
Just reporting some minor bugs.
I think currently there is something wrong with few of the new export settings.

1) Setting of export profile as zip (Synopsis page)

Makes a damaged 0byte zip archive, unless the sliced file is exactly in the skeinforge directory (if it is, then the archive is as it should be). The *.csv files are copied in the main skeinforge folder, and afterwards when it tries to make the archive it looks at the location where the sliced file originated instead, and files arent there, so archieve ends up with 0 bytes.

(export profile as csv seems to work)

2) Add Descriptive / Profile / Timestamp extensions (Export page)

The original hack to export plugin used to change the name of the file to add timestamps descriptions, etc. Instead of giving the proper name to the file, it only adds 3-4 dots at the end of the name, depending how many of the new choices are selected in Export page, like one dot for each of the choices.

Does anyone else experience these? And any tips on how to fix second one?
Cheers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2011 07:48PM by NoobMan.
Re: SF43
September 30, 2011 07:59AM
I thought there could of been something with just me, i checked alternatives and only in SFACT archives work, so do add profile and add timestamps.

For SFACT, only add Description gives an error which ends with:
if feedrate == flowrate:
NameError: global name 'feedrate' is not defined

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2011 08:00AM by NoobMan.
October 03, 2011 06:48AM
SFACT main branch is still based on SF42 (pre release version).
Daily branch is based on SF43.

Manufacturer of low tolerance Filaments PLA, ABS, ASA, PETG, TPU, PA, PVA,
[www.miafilament.com]
[github.com]
October 03, 2011 02:50PM
Yup i forgot to post the update here, these issues seems to be fixed now, at least for me. In case someone else comes across this, update to latest variant, maybe even daily builds.
October 11, 2011 08:10AM
Hello

I still hope, that there will be a solution for us, who want to develop multi material/colour extruders to switch between them.

And there is another thing - is there a possibility to add real machine working cube dimensions - sometimes it heppends, that I forgot to see the dimensions, and at the end machine crashes. I think that a simple readings of STL coordinates and comparyne min and max walues will do the job, so there is not a loot of work - and then after you put your dimensions, perhaps a possibility of choosing ''start from center'' can be addet?

Best regards.

Bogdan
October 11, 2011 08:15AM
One more thing.
I'm printing with support some parts and my setting for raft margin is 10mm - some times support goes to the edge of my raft - is there a way to say, when i print suport i need my raft to be 10mm biger then support?

Bogdan
October 11, 2011 10:34AM
> perhaps a possibility of choosing ''start from center'' can be addet?

I don't know of any way to have it verify that the build will be within the limits of your machine but if you activate the Multiply module and set both rows & columns to 1, it will center and floor the print for you. This is one of those modules that I always just leave enabled.
October 12, 2011 04:19AM
Hi Dave

Actually to put it in center you need to measure your working space and divide it by 2 and write that in to Center - then if yo heave Number of cells 1 you get your part printed in the middle. This is not problematic and actuality done good.
If somebody can add working space dimensions, then this can be done automatic.
Nobody else head problems with too big parts being printed?
October 12, 2011 02:06PM
I think that depends on if you're setup to have 0/0 at the min stops or at the center of the platform. If your center is 0/0, the defaults in Multiply work just fine..

> Nobody else head problems with too big parts being printed?

I don't. I usually just look at the summary skeinforge prints when it's done, where it tells you the min/max values used for each axis.
October 13, 2011 02:36AM
Make sure the Scale Plugin/Module is not activated.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
October 14, 2011 07:12AM
The statistics plugin will display print extents..

Manufacturer of low tolerance Filaments PLA, ABS, ASA, PETG, TPU, PA, PVA,
[www.miafilament.com]
[github.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login