Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Introducing Creation Workshop - UV DLP Slicing and Control software

Posted by PacManFan 
Introducing Creation Workshop - UV DLP Slicing and Control software
February 26, 2013 04:23PM
Hello everyone! I've been working hard on some slicing and control software for my 3d DLP UV printer. It should be suitable for powder based printers as well. The software is still in alpha, but I would appreciate any feedback on features and usability. If you have a DLP UV resin printer and would like to test, please contact me.

Here is the Reprap wiki page for it:
http://reprap.org/wiki/Creation_Workshop

You can always get the latest version of it on Github: https://github.com/Pacmanfan/UVDLPSlicerController/tree/master/UVDLP/Published

You may be interested in the build log of my 3d DLP UV printer here http://probjectblogs.blogspot.com/
My intent is to expand my slicing and control software to work with my Prusa and Makerbot TOM in the near future.
Thanks for looking.
-PMF

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 06:15PM by PacManFan.
VDX
Re: Introducing Creation Workshop - UV DLP Slicing and Control software
February 26, 2013 06:37PM
... I've tested slicing a figure -- pretty fast, but seems to have problems calculating the volume borders?

See attached images - the red line in model view shows the slice position.

Have you plans for support structures?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Attachments:
open | download - Model.jpg (205.3 KB)
open | download - Slicer.jpg (144.4 KB)
February 26, 2013 06:55PM
I ran into that initially as well. The problem is that the model probably has holes in it. Try running it through Netfab and fix any errors. If you still have problems, then there *might be an issue with the slicing. So far, I haven't encountered any errors with valid meshes. I'm adding in a system for generating support in 2d right now. Full 3d support structures will come next. Thanks for testing.
-PMF
March 01, 2013 04:32AM
hi

i have test it,slice and gcode is ok,but can not link the arduino2560 with marlin,i have set the com,software display connect ok,but nothing send to 2560 when print,can you tell how to connect ?

dennis
March 01, 2013 08:52AM
Make sure you're using the "Generic" driver. The "Null" driver is a local loopback device for testing only. You can verify that the firmware is connected by sending some GCode commands to it using the raw GCode display, or you can use the Up/Down buttons in the machine control display.
March 01, 2013 10:19PM
hi

it is ok,

thanks pacmanfan,i will test my dlp printer,and report any bug for you
April 26, 2013 02:39AM
hi pmf

i test your09 zip,i found some bug :1.the support is not action,2.some stl file can not open
October 22, 2013 10:27AM
Hello,
When I download 10 Beta and 11 Beta, it gave me a html document, not the software.
Is there any other way to get it?
My email: shinedu@vip.sina.com

Thanks
November 06, 2013 09:04PM
Version 12 is now out and supports FDM based machines as well.
January 30, 2014 06:53AM
What about the firmware and hardware which open source DLP base design do you recommend? any pointer would be helpful - thank
January 30, 2014 10:19AM
I've started a great forum for people who want to build SLA machines here : http://www.buildyourownsla.com/forum/index.php

Come check it out and take a look at the FAQ for the hardware guide.
June 30, 2014 11:55PM
Hello, I like very much to use Creation Workshop software with my DLP 3D printer.

Recently, I want to write a program with Matlab and C++ in order to control my another 3D printer.

But there is a problem I don't know how to solve about showing sliders step by step on my projector.

Sorry I am a newbie about writing programs. @@ ~~

Could you tell me how to learn about this knowledge? or give me some important keywords.

Thanks a lot. ^^ ~~
January 03, 2020 06:02AM
Hello will i be able to get the source code of the latest Creation Workshop
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login