Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to compensate the g-code for extruder fist order lag?

Posted by Betongpfeiler 
Is it possible to compensate the g-code for extruder fist order lag?
November 11, 2013 09:36AM
Hello,
It takes about 0.5 seconds from switching on my extruder to full material flow. It takes another half a second from switching of to running completely dry.
I printed a modell recently with a main body and a tiny column outside. Every time it came to this column the place where the column was supposed to be the printhead made a single tiny circle but it was too fast for the material to begin flowing.
The material was squeezed out on the way back and finally wiped off when entering the main body again.
Is there a way to compensate for this first order lag in the g-code?
Re: Is it possible to compensate the g-code for extruder fist order lag?
June 27, 2014 02:49AM
about 8 months old thread, nvm.... if nothing is better to solve this you may try program linked in [forums.reprap.org] , you can manually edit/increase/decrease extrusion rate of the involved points due to the lag. fwiw.
July 08, 2014 12:53PM
If you do not get compensation in a slicer then increase your retract speed. It will not be that bad when you get it below 0.1s.
August 02, 2014 06:02PM
I've observed this effect on my Ormerod, however I think the extruder lag time is much less than 0.5s. I'm printing PLA at 180 to 195C. Another effect is that when doing solid infill, where the print head moves sideways and reverses direction, the head leaves a slightly raised area. I this this is because the head and extruder drive have slowed down to turn the corner, but the rate of extrusion has slowed down a little later.

To resolve it, I plan to add a configurable extruder lead time to my fork of the Duet firmware, unless someone can give me a good reason why it won't work.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login