Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pronterface/printrun Source

Posted by trevorboultwood 
pronterface/printrun Source
January 09, 2014 06:15PM
Evening all,

Just curious weather the Source Code for pronterface/printrun is released for windows. Ive been looking around and I can see you can grab the source for linux! Though is there a version of which I can open with visual studio?

I plan to add some personal customization, I was going to implement something that will automatically open a file once a file appears in a certain folder. I find it annoying to have to keep loading file, I felt that if you the software could scan a folder, and then automatically load and move the file so you can print slightly quicker!

Can anyone help? smiling smiley Thank you!

I also plan to keep my printer on when I am not at home so connecting it up to the web via computer would be cool to watch prints etc. (Like remote connection but within HTML) Just a few ideas I would love to implement! smiling smiley
Re: pronterface/printrun Source
January 09, 2014 10:49PM
pronterface/printrun is written in python which for the most part is platform independent. Not only is the source code for windows available, but it is the exact same source as for linux - literally the same files. Python is not explicitly compiled - it is interpreted. It is the source code that you "run". (Although the interpreter will convert all imported files into an internal code - a pyc file - but that is totally transparent to you)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login