Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gcode post processors

Posted by Sublime 
Gcode post processors
February 11, 2014 02:40PM
I have written a few post processors for Kisslicer and Cura gcode that may be useful to others.

1) Flow tweak [github.com]
Flow tweak allows you to change the flow rate of different extrusion types (Perimeters, infill, support, etc). Created to allow you to reduce the perimeter flow while keeping the rest correct as to keep the overall dimensions correct and not end up with holes in the solid infill etc.

2) Prime pillar [github.com]
Prime pillar allows you to add a prime pillar to slow down small prints. It also allows you to add a dwell to make the time between layers even longer. Mostly for Cura since Kisslicer already has a prime pillar option.

3) Tool change [github.com]
Tool change lets you switch extruders (up to 4) for different extrusion types (Perimeters, infill, support, etc).

4) ABS_2_REL [github.com]
Abs to rel allows you to convert absolute E gcode to relative E. Tested with Cura since it is the only slicer without a Relative E option. (also see [forums.reprap.org] for a Relative E cura engine).

They all have minimal testing performed and may still have bugs. Please let me know if you encounter any so I can fix them. The usage instructions are provided in the Readme file for each script. The variables all need to be set in the settings section at the beginning of each script.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Re: Gcode post processors
February 15, 2014 10:13PM
Wow, thanks for that. The tool change especially I think I'll be needing sometime in hopefully not too distant future. I'll wait until then to understand how to use it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2014 10:13PM by Dale Dunn.
Re: Gcode post processors
February 16, 2014 07:33PM
Dale Dunn
Wow, thanks for that. The tool change especially I think I'll be needing sometime in hopefully not too distant future. I'll wait until then to understand how to use it.

You're welcome. Please let me know if you test any of them and any results (good or bad).

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login