Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

STL Format

Posted by arget888 
STL Format
February 12, 2014 02:49PM
Hello,

I am experiment with a java Programm which can create a 3D-Model from a DICOM File (is the result which you get from an ct or mrt). I read a lot now of the stl format on the web, but i couldn't found out how to calculate the normal vectors for each triangle. The ascii formate of a triangle in stl is:
facet normal Ni Nj Nk
    outer loop
        vertex vx vy vz
        vertex vx vy vz
        vertex vx vy vz
    endloop
endfacet

My Question is how to calculate Ni, Nj and Nk.

I hope someone can help me

greeds
Re: STL Format
March 12, 2014 09:24AM
March 12, 2014 05:06PM
Thanks, i solved the problem now by myself but i will use the links to compromise my code smiling smiley
A2
June 09, 2014 10:09AM
DICOM: The Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) standard for distributing and viewing any kind of medical image regardless of the origin

Have you posted the software to convert DICOM?
June 09, 2014 02:25PM
Sorry no, i had no time to finish it, i started it in java but i have a few mistakes in it! I plan to finish my work in the next time then i can post it if you want smiling smiley
A2
June 09, 2014 02:40PM
I think it would be a great contribution, as many medical facilities start using 3d printers they will want to experiment, and learn about the technology. Your code could make the learning curve shorter, or offer a solution that is unique for their application.
Tks!
June 10, 2014 03:58AM
Yeah, as soon as the programm works i will post it for you, so that everyone can use it!
July 29, 2017 08:46AM
HI,Did you finished the software?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login