Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3DPrinterOS Software

Posted by 3DPrinterOS 
3DPrinterOS Software
May 19, 2015 05:12AM
Hey guys!

I'm Oscar from 3DPrinterOS.
Just wanted to let you know that there is a free software called 3DPrinterOS, which lets you do basically everything a lot quicker and without needing to use any other software.
You can slice in the cloud with the fraction of the time on your PC, MAC or RPI.
It's also possible to convert .obj, .3ds, .amf to .stl and repair & prepare them for successful prints.
Remote Printing is an option, just connect your webcam and control your print via your phone on the train.
Most of the 3D Model marketplaces are integrated, so no need to check multiple websites anymore.
The majority of Desktop 3D Printers are supported.
We could use more testers, so feel free to try it and let us know how it goes!
www.3dprinteros.com
Re: 3DPrinterOS Software
May 19, 2015 06:35AM
Where´s the hook? winking smiley

Do I have to be online for slicing?
Can I claim copyright on my top_secret_design?

I´m always suspicious, when someone offers a good thing for narda...

[Wanna have the latest mobile for 1 $, Just have to use our OS ( e.g. Google Android ]
-Olaf
May 19, 2015 07:31AM
There is no catch. smiling smiley
You have to be online for slicing, because our cloud servers will do the slicing much much more quickly.
This is an outtake on our Terms & Conditions on file copyright (http://www.3dprinteros.com/terms-of-use/)

YOUR FILES & YOUR PRIVACY

By using our Services you provide us with information and files that you submit to 3DPrinterOS (“files”). You retain full ownership to your files. We do not claim any ownership to any of it. These Terms do not grant us any rights to your files or intellectual property. Some limitations may apply to run the Services and these are explained below

We may need your permission to perform certain operations with your files, such as hosting your files or sharing them at your direction. This includes product features visible to you, for example, file thumbnails or previews. It includes technical administration of our Services, for example, how we backup data to keep it safe. You give us the permissions we need to perform those things solely to provide the Services. This permission applies also to trusted third parties we work with to provide the Services, for example, storage providers to provide the Services.

3DPrinterOS does not share your content with others, for any purpose including law enforcement, unless you direct us to. In our Privacy Policy below we explain how we collect and use your information generally.

You are solely responsible for your conduct, the content of your files and your communications with others while using the Services, including sharing of your files. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the rights or permission necessary to comply with these Terms.

You acknowledge that 3DPrinterOS has no obligation to monitor any information on the Services. We are not responsible for the functionality, printability, quality, accuracy or legality of files or any other information you share or may be able to access using the Services.

At the moment you can share your files to other people and dictate the quantity of ''prints'' he or she can do, although it still has bugs. People can still download your shared file, but it will be fixed soon.
June 06, 2015 06:29PM
Olaf
Where´s the hook?
It sounds like a cloud-based slicer. I am not sure what the business model is based upon (advertising? community database sales?), but the basic premise from the user point of view seems to be to simplify the workflow, which is admittedly complex and requires a personal computer or workstation with properly installed software, whereas if you do things on the cloud supposedly you only need a $1 Android mobile as you would say.

Personally, I'll pass.
June 07, 2015 04:52AM
Andrew
I am not sure what the business model is based upon (advertising? community database sales?),

That´s why I don´t use TinkerCAD sad smiley
-Olaf
June 12, 2015 07:29AM
Awesome news from our side!

“This open source release makes it simple for every user and manufacturer to access the power of 3D printing through the cloud. Now any manufacturer, large or small, can modify, customize and build on top of this release to extend their functionality and make 3d printing easier for their users.”
[disruptivemagazine.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login