Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

nanoDLP - Raspberry PI based Software for DLP Printers

Posted by shahin 
nanoDLP - Raspberry PI based Software for DLP Printers
August 21, 2015 11:20PM
Hi,

We have released first public version of our Raspberry Pi based software for DLP printers.

It runs on Raspberry pi 2 and does not require any extra hardware except strepper driver to handle printer.
It also provides web interface to monitor printing progress and etc

For more information visit nanoDLP website.

Any advice/suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: nanoDLP - Raspberry PI based Software for DLP Printers
August 22, 2015 10:41AM
Nice

zipped PNG as layers is and intersting choice, at full res even black and white.... suspect would be a resionabe size per object

Link description to download is wrong on site you show [www.nanodelp.com] but its [www.nanodlp.com] (extra e)
Link itself is fine.
August 22, 2015 05:16PM
Given that PNG is a compressed fromat, zipped PNG is a baffling choice.
August 23, 2015 03:26PM
Dust
Nice

zipped PNG as layers is and intersting choice, at full res even black and white.... suspect would be a resionabe size per object

Link description to download is wrong on site you show [www.nanodelp.com] but its [www.nanodlp.com] (extra e)
Link itself is fine.

Nice catch, Thank you

black/white png in fullhd size weigh around 3KB, antialiased one weigh around 40KB. Problem is that, uploading multiple png files is much harder than moving a zip or tar file around. Sometimes I use my cell phone to upload zip file from my mail client to the printer so it is convenient atleast for me.
August 23, 2015 03:37PM
frankvdh
Given that PNG is a compressed fromat, zipped PNG is a baffling choice.

A plate with 1000 layers usually weight around 5MB, I have not used zip to decrease size, But to have one file to deal with.
Current open implementations of slc to raw rgb image, which required to send to GPU, are too resource hungry to run on raspberry pi.
I hope to write one in near future.
October 09, 2015 11:22AM
I have added SLC support to nanoDLP, you do need to upload zipped png files anymore.
March 23, 2016 11:13AM
Hello Shahin
Could you please provide more details about which Trinamics boards or drivers does nanoDLP support?
thanks.
Anil Kumar
March 25, 2016 06:05AM
Hi Anil,

Currently nanoDLP supports serial/i2c/TTL signaling to communicate with 3rd party boards/drivers in both binary/ascii formats.
I know couple of guys who are using Trinamics with nanodlp.

Outside of Trinamics, as I know forks of grbl and marlin patched to support crash recovery and sync movement with nanoDLP.
[github.com]
[github.com]

Also nanoDLP capable of talking with command line tools so if your driver have command line tool, most probably you can use them together easily.
June 09, 2016 10:05AM
Looks like a great project. I had a similar idea a while back, seemed like the waste of a PC to use CW.

I have a couple questions about using command line for external motion drivers. I am looking to use an L6470 stepper driver which uses SPI.

Are there parameters sent to the command line, like number of steps or mm for instance?

Also any page showing how to configure command line for motion?

Thanks,
Chris
June 18, 2016 01:18PM
You can use nanodlp's internal help to get yourself familiar with commands.
Parameters could be sent as mm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login