Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Doboz-Web: Reprap/3d scanner remote control using python, javascript, webgl

Posted by ckaos 
Doboz-Web: Reprap/3d scanner remote control using python, javascript, webgl
March 04, 2011 06:38AM
Hello everyone !
I just finished and released the first version of an open source remote monitoring and control system for Repraps/Repstraps/repstrap/3d scanners ,that includes a Web client (using Javascript + Jquery + WebGl) and server (pure Python ):

Current Features :

Printing
  • upload and print: select the file, upload the file, print it
  • remote monitoring: keep an eye on the print heads movement, the print progress,the temperature of your extruder and buid platform, from wherever you are, even from your cellphone!
  • manual control of reprap via GCodes
  • GCode file support
  • multiple chained prints via print queue

Scanning
  • set and scan : just set the area and resolution of the scan, push the button and voila ! pointcloud!
  • store and download: the scan files are stored on the server side , and can be retrieved at any time
  • multiple viewmodes
  • easy chaining: by default, the machine will be set to home in between scans, so you can chain them without fear

General
  • very few dependencies: server 100% python , can be run with as little as the project’s source code, Python 2.6 and pyserial
  • lightweight: the current version comes at just about 2 MB
  • easy to set up : static file server for the interface as well as reprap control all in one
  • standard: normally , it should not require you to change your reprap’s firmware (except for scanning)
  • easy to use: nothing too fancy , just straight to the point
  • multiplatform: web based, so will work in any browser with javascript enabled (or you can send the commands directly via http from command line if you want to), 3d part requires a browser with webGl support

A presentation of the system in action

Looking for feedback
It works great on my own repstrap , but i am looking for feedback , so if you are interested, please give it a go, my aim is to have it compatible with most open source 3d printer !

For more info and to get the source code :
[www.kaosat.net]
[github.com]
[kaosat-dev.github.com]

Toiling away on a repstrap : [www.kaosat.net]
Re: Doboz-Web: Reprap/3d scanner remote control using python, javascript, webgl
March 04, 2011 11:27AM
Hmmm ... new wiki page!

http://reprap.org/wiki/Doboz-Web

As per this discussion this conversation should probably go in reprap-dev since it is dev. grinning smiley

http://reprap.org/pipermail/reprap-dev/

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
March 04, 2011 02:26PM
Hey Sebastien, thanks for the wiki page, still don't have that reflex : i edited and cleaned up that page now , al the info is there aswell now !

I'll try to post to the dev list too, but is that mandatory ? (must confess, i always prefered the forum grinning smiley)
March 04, 2011 03:33PM
I'll try to post to the dev list too, but is that mandatory ? (must confess, i always prefered the forum grinning smiley)

It's not actually compulsory. winking smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
July 06, 2011 05:52AM
Wanted to give it a try but couldnt get it all working and talking to my mendel.

Not sure if server is closed at "Shutting down", and in general could use a few random tips about manipulating server settings.

Got ui working but somehow cant figure from where to change COM port - server seems to take COM2
Not sure about the name of firmware for fived in config.cfg. I read there were checksum issues to fived but i havent been able to get it talk to it so havent got that far myself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login