Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slicing on a angle, is there slicing software for that?

Posted by marini 
slicing on a angle, is there slicing software for that?
January 24, 2020 02:25PM
I do not mean non-planar slicing but just like printing on a belt printer at an angle of about 35-45 °.
I saw this when they printing the boat from UMaine University. So there are possibilities but are those for us also available?

so far I have only found the belt printer cura software that slices at an angle but then your Z axis must be at that angle of course.
And this is where my problem arises, I only have a normal xyz printer with a 90 ° angle to every movement.
I don't want to convert my entire printer to print a hollow closed piece from time to time.

umaine boat printing

in summary, it's possible but I don't find slicing software to do this. does anyone have a possible idea to solve this?
Re: slicing on a angle, is there slicing software for that?
September 25, 2022 10:30AM
I don't understand why no one hasn't added non-planer printing to prusa or cura other than an odd script or some reference. I think after looking at Gcode samples the last few days there are commands for linear movements but I think you'd have to make a post-processing script to convert the movements and it'd probably be pretty buggy unless you're a good programmer. Could manually add it too if it's pretty simple.

[marlinfw.org]

You'd have to calculate the feed rates so they match the movement and move evenly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login