Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguinololu couple questions

Posted by jininjin 
Sanguinololu couple questions
March 11, 2012 10:21AM
First does this look right? See images. I havent finished yet Im at [reprap.org]
I wanted to do the atx connection but I dont know how that fits on to my board. The 4 prongs of the atx connection do not line up to anything. So I started doing the instructions for the screw terminal. Is there something I am missing?

Also how well do you need to solder these parts? I learned how to solder while working on this...so it may not be perfect.

Oh and does the voltage regulators just hang off the bottom like mine?
Attachments:
open | download - top.jpg (460.7 KB)
open | download - Bottom.jpg (279.7 KB)
Re: Sanguinololu couple questions
March 11, 2012 11:28AM
Hi Jininjin, if you reference my board you can see my ATX connector - hopefully that helps. If its a matter of the correct part number I can dig up my parts list for you, let me know.

[forums.reprap.org]
March 11, 2012 05:36PM
Thanks ifrisbie this helps a lot. I wasn't sure if you can swap out the connectors like that. So what was the 4 pin molex (upper right) for in this picture? [reprap.org]

I think I have all the correct electronic parts since I used someone elses BOM, I will let you know if I need a part number.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2012 06:01PM by jininjin.
March 11, 2012 08:01PM
I believe the image you are referencing is for the rev 1.0 board . The latest versions replace it with a voltage regulator. My guess is that it was drawing 5V from it - but now it down-converts the 12 volts from the 2 X 2. I use a right-angle connector on mine.
March 11, 2012 09:30PM
yes,, your right that looks like a older board. I just soldered everything together I also put on the right angle connector. I missed The AUTO-RST jumper. I presume I can just put a jumper shunt onto it. I didn't fully understand what this does.... when the shunt is on it wont be interrupted when the USB is unplugged which is good for sd card printing? that sound right?
March 12, 2012 06:52AM
I'm aware only of its relationship to the SD card. I'm very new at this as well and am still working on getting my board loaded with Firmware. The Auto-RST jumper was pointed out to me by another member - I missed it as well initially. If you have the hardware, I'd make it a jumper.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login