Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Manual build PCB

Posted by ifrisbie 
Manual build PCB
November 28, 2011 08:56PM
Has anyone done a manual build of this board using a toner-transfer approach? I've read up on techniques for double-sided PCBs using a laminator and wanted to try it out, but I am confused a bit by what I'm seeing in Eagle & not quite matching up with what I see in user supplied photographs of the top and bottom layers.

Would like to talk with someone who may have done this - or how to properly print in two separate layers so that "dotted" traces in the program convert to regular traces.

Best Regards,

Ian
Re: Manual build PCB
November 29, 2011 03:44AM
If you're just starting with making PCB's, I think you better make the GEN 7 board. It's allmost the same components than Sanguino but it is a single layer board. So it will be easyer to make on your own.
November 29, 2011 06:05AM
Those dotted traces in Eagle are the outlines of planes. These should be filled, with most traces still isolated.

Other than that: [reprap.org]

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

November 29, 2011 12:45PM
To see the polygons fill, you can put hit the ratsnest tool...though they will render in the gerbers either way.
November 29, 2011 07:16PM
I've done many toner transfer boards and if you are just reading up on the tecnique a single sided board is a better idea. You'll find that there is quite a bit of finess involved in toner transfer so having to get two sides to come out right will be a challenge untill you have your tecnique down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login