Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error while uploading Sprinter on Sanguinololu [SOLVED]

Posted by Slasho 
Error while uploading Sprinter on Sanguinololu [SOLVED]
February 01, 2012 12:29PM
Hi everybody, sorry in advance for my english.
I just started building a Prusa Mendel, and i chose Sanguinololu electronics. I finished assembling and now it's time to configure it. I've alredy modified "sanguino.upload.protocol=stk500" in "boards.txt" to "sanguino.upload.protocol=arduino". Like most of the other people, when I try to upload Sprinter on my board i receive this error:

"avrdude: Can't find programmer id "arduino"
I've read lots of posts about this error, but I didn't find the solution that works for me.
Do you know how do I resolve this problem?
Thank you very much.

EDIT: I forgot to add some information. I'm using arduino-0018 (but I tried 0023 as well) and Ubuntu 11.10.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2012 05:15PM by Slasho.
Re: Error while uploading Sprinter on Sanguinololu
February 02, 2012 04:03AM

I've alredy modified "sanguino.upload.protocol=stk500" in "boards.txt" to "sanguino.upload.protocol=arduino".

Who said to do so? For USB-TTL adapters, like the Sanguinololu has built in, this is wrong.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

February 02, 2012 06:28AM
I did it because with stk500 it gave me this error:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

I read it here to modified it.
February 08, 2012 11:19AM
I also followed the wiki and changed stk500 to arduino, but I didn't get the error, it worked after the change.
February 08, 2012 02:42PM
I forgot to write that I found the solution: I was using the wrong USB Port in the Arduino IDE. And now it works without change "stk500" to "arduino".
Thanks everybody for the help! smiling smiley
I was having the same problem with a Sanguinololu v1.3a, and found the solution: press 'reset' on the board 4 seconds after pressing 'upload' on the Arduino IDE.
February 11, 2012 04:26PM
Have you got the auto reset jumper fitted?

It is a 2 pin jumper in the middle of the board. I think it is supposed to be fitted when loading the firmware and removed when running the machine.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login