Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguinololu Bootloader via USBasp

Posted by solodude 
Sanguinololu Bootloader via USBasp
March 07, 2012 05:01AM
So I am a serious noob...

I have a USBasp installed on my system & recognized in the devicemanager.

I have AvrDude but I keep getting this message:

avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update
avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

So I have to assume I am not connected correctly .. The USBasp I am using came with a ribbon cable - do I need to re-pin this cable to ensure the correct connection or should I just be able to plug in to the board ?

Basically any specific details on this process would be appreciative...
Re: Sanguinololu Bootloader via USBasp
March 07, 2012 03:47PM
U can download Arduino+USBasp+sprinter from my website - fully working and tested by me with AVR USBasp. U need to repins with sanguinololu board

www.mojreprap.pl/pliki
Re: Sanguinololu Bootloader via USBasp
March 12, 2012 07:04AM
Solodude, I also used usbasp and I did have to reconfigure the ribbon cable. On your board it looks like this:

X X (GND/RST)
X X (MOSI/SCK)
X X (VCC/MISO)

On the Cable to your usbasp you likely have a 10 pin (2X5) ribbon that has all of the signals you need on the top side (meaning pins 1, 3, 5, 7, 9) on the bottom side you'll need only one of the GNDs and VCC if you don't have your system plugged into external power (but if you do, there is not need to connect this pin). The only pins on the 2x5 that you need to connect are (5, 6, 7, 8, 10) - note 9 is the VCC and would be optional.

What I did was pull apart one side of the ribbon, use an exacto to individually cut and access all 10 wires and remap it. Just remember to do a continuity check to each of the labelled pins before you power anything on (connect both cables to the boards and use the pin labels to check MOSI-MOSI, etc.)

hope that helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login