Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguinololu with Marlin and SD Print does not finish

Posted by egenoup 
Sanguinololu with Marlin and SD Print does not finish
March 12, 2012 05:43PM
I'm running a Prusa Mendel V2 with a Sanguinololu controller, SD Ramps with modified connector for Sanguino, Marlin 1.0.0 RC2 firmware, slicer and prontoface. I can load and print from prontoface just fine. At the end of the print, the platform is moved to the front, all motors are shutdown and the heaters are shutdown. Life is good! When put the file on an SD card (using and USB to uSD adapter) and then fire-off the print from prontoface, the build goes fine until the very end. At then end, the motors are left on, bed and extruder at last temperature and the build plate is not moved forward. This would normally not be much of an issue, with the exception that I get a glob of plastic where the head stopped moving. This seems like a firmware issue, but not sure. Sorry if posted in the wrong forum.

Egenoup
Re: Sanguinololu with Marlin and SD Print does not finish
March 14, 2012 01:02AM
Figured out what was causing my prints to not complete when done from an SD card... The problem was comments added at the end of each part of the "start/end" gcode (slicer allows you to add gcode to the beginning and end of the gcode generation). I had copied the start/end code from a website I came across and the code was commented (semicolon before the comment) in line with the gcode. Once I moved the comments to their own line, The SD prints completed.
Re: Sanguinololu with Marlin and SD Print does not finish
April 04, 2012 04:33PM
Which version of the Sanguinololu board are you using? Did you have to modify anything in Marlin 1.0.0 to get Sanguinololu to work? I am using Sanguinololu 1.1 and had issues with temperatures not reading.

Also, I have issues with the USB resetting when I remove my USB corad and try to print from the SD Card. Do you have capacitor C7 removed? Or do you have a jumper there to prevent USB from resetting?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login