Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Melzi Atmega1284p - avrdude "atmega1284p not found"

Posted by aguante! 
Melzi Atmega1284p - avrdude "atmega1284p not found"
October 28, 2012 08:34PM
Hello,

I recently finished builing a reprapPRO Huxley kit. I have a Melzi board with atmega1284p. I installed arduino 0023, sanguino tool packet that includes an "arvdude.conf" containing the definition for atmega1284p. I also downloaded marlin project packet which i´m trying to upload to my board in order to fix a heatbed misdrived mosfet (pins.h HEATER_BED_PIN definition should be 10 while it is 14.... but that´s another problem).

I succesfully compiled marlin sketch and while i´m trying to upload it to the board, arduino interface shows avrdude error "atmega 1284p not found".

Board USB power and reset jumpers are set ok. Also arvdude configuration file is ok, as stated above.

I also search this forum and google it abundantdly, but can´t find an answer. Can anyone help me out, please, cause it seems i´m stuck.

Thanks.
Re: Melzi Atmega1284p - avrdude "atmega1284p not found"
October 29, 2012 06:10AM
The avrdude coming with Arduino0023 is too old to know about the 1284P. You need to install something like the Gen7 Arduino IDE Support 2.0 package (click "view raw") into Arduino 1.0 or 1.0.1. I keep telling this, but the people from RepRapPro simply won't listen.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login