Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No Extruder Output when printing (works manually)

Posted by dbarbe 
No Extruder Output when printing (works manually)
December 31, 2012 03:12PM
I'm starting up a Prusa Mendel I bought as a kit. The Sanguinololu board was preloaded when I got it. Each axis works correctly, the extruder works when clicking on the "Extrude" and "Reverse" buttons on the Pronterface graphic interface. However, when I load a file, the X,Y and Z axis work, the head traces out each layer correctly, but the extruder does nothing. The temperature reports at 205 or so, it will extrude melted plastic when the extruder is commanded manually, but the extruder motor doesn't do anything. What should I check? I assume there's a setting wrong in my PC software.
Re: No Extruder Output when printing (works manually)
January 01, 2013 06:42AM
Check the G-code for E commands. E is the extruder axis, it operates just like the other axes, so G1 E5 would extrude 5 mm filament. Some firmwares prefere absolute E values, others relative ones. Watch out for M82/M83 to switch between them.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

January 01, 2013 10:42AM
I didn't think of that! I suspect you are correct, as the extruder responds when such commands are manually entered on the command line. But, if it isn't there, what do I do about it?
January 01, 2013 04:58PM
Thanks, Traumflug. There are no extruder commands at the end of the g-code lines. So, after reading more, I guess my problem is a setting in skeinforge. I should be asking questions in the skeinforge forum now. Thanks again.
Ej
January 04, 2013 06:23PM
Any progress on this issue? I have a similar problem.
January 08, 2013 01:57PM
I fixed everything... But, I changed so many things I couldn't tell you what exactly fixed the compiling. I found a post somewhere in the Skienforge forum that had someones default settings. I just put them all in. There are a multitude of settings in skeinforge. My problem was one of the many settings in there. In Pronterface I opened the settings option and waded in. In the Preface "tab" or "button", there were some checkboxes that I had to turn on. Anyway, it all works now. The only extra thing I have to do in to edit the g-code manually to insert a "G92 E0" command to keep the filament from be reversed out of the extruder. Good Luck!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login