Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FUSE JTAG 1284P

Posted by farias 
FUSE JTAG 1284P
October 08, 2014 06:52PM
Hi!

how did you do to Endstop working and X axis only moves in one direction? because I trying Sanguinololu work with my 1284p and ceramic resonator 16 Mhz and I could not even among this page [www.engbedded.com] for edit the FUSE.
because supposedly the firmware that comes with marlin and improving disable JTAG enter board.txt and not that editing on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2014 06:53PM by farias.
Re: FUSE JTAG 1284P
October 09, 2014 06:12AM
JTAG? This moving in only one direction is a deliberate design choice in Marlin and you have to fix the conditions to make it move in both directions. Notably, endstops should work and the choice wether it's a min or max endstop should be right.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Re: FUSE JTAG 1284P
October 10, 2014 02:15AM
If JTAG fuses is enabled on a 1284p or 644p on a Sanguinololu board, the jtag pins 'kill' the X direction and some of the endstops IO lines.

I've tried to explain how to fix this to farias a few times, and so have others..

I suspect a language barrier here...

One last time maybe...

You need a ArduinoISP, a device that can program the fuses.. This can be annother Arduino running ArduinoISP firmware eg [arduino.cc]

Then from your command line set the fuses see eg [www.reprap.org]
Others recommend other fuse settings [blog.think3dprint3d.com] (I know this one works for me)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2014 02:25AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login