Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap discount full graphic LCD for sanguinololu

Posted by Nabbissimo 
RepRap discount full graphic LCD for sanguinololu
February 15, 2018 07:26AM
Hi guys i have a tronxy x8 that has a Melzi based/clone board and since i changed the firmware i'm not able to see anything on the LCD, even if i uncomment the right controller, so I don't know what to do, maybe are wrong pins, or maybe not, i don't know. I'm actually new into marlin firmware, so can someone help me to understand how to activate correctly the LCD?
Re: RepRap discount full graphic LCD for sanguinololu
February 15, 2018 01:15PM
Solved
February 15, 2018 11:43PM
Hi,
Can you share how you solved your issue ?
Have similar problem.
Thanks
February 16, 2018 12:50PM
Hi, I'm sorry that I did not shared my solution, but I didn't because I though that was a stupid question, because anyone aswered to me.

Well I know that most of the tronxy board share the same pins configuration, so I searched the firmware for the tronxy x3s that is a version with the same LCD as the X8, then I found this video on youtube [www.youtube.com] in the description of the video there is the dropbox link of the youtuber in the video, I downloaded the firmware, then I changed the pins of the sanguinololu 1.1(Yes the sanguino pins are a mess) into this one [github.com] that is the x8 configurated firmware, then I fixed the all issues(even the fact that you need to use an older version of arduino for led the LCD work properly), activated the sdCard and fixed other configuration problems, in the end I forked it creating a fully working version [github.com]

That's it, I hope this will be helpfull for you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2018 12:51PM by Nabbissimo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login