Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguinololu v1.3b

Posted by Sniper4395 
Sanguinololu v1.3b
August 30, 2012 03:56PM
Hello everyone,

For the lazy readers out there I'll paraphrase by saying that I cant get Sprinter to compile for the Sanguinololu board v1.3b found on reprap.me.

A little background. I'm a bit of a newbie with no electronics or engineering background save for building my own gaming PCs for the last decade or so. Actually I'm a security officer for a living if that tells you anything. About a year ago I built a Printrbot just as the STL files were released to the public and assembled it using pictures of the completed project from the main website. At the time I had RAMPS 1.4 and everything was running smoothly save for the horrible calibration job, but I digress... About 6 months ago I started having major issues with my electronics and after much trial and error purchased the 1.3b board as a replacement. One thing led to another and it became a forgotten project over the last 6 months.

Now that I am picking it up again I'm finding it impossible to get Sprinter to compile for the new board. Everything connects right, idle LED is on, drivers are installed and working properly, Sanguino definitions have been added to Arduino library, Sanguino is selected from board menu, correct COMM port has been selected, config file has been edited properly (will post it by 9/1/12,) no response from obvious bug fixes or different versions of Sprinter.

Tried the fix:

Sd2Card.cpp
#include --> #include
SdFat.h
void write(uint8_t b); --> size_t write(uint8_t b);
SdFile.h
#include --> #include
void SdFile::write(uint8_t b) { --> size_t SdFile::write(uint8_t b)
{
Sprinter.h
#include --> #include
Which is a workaround for using Sprinter with Arduino v1.0 that was a nice fix for when I used RAMPS 1.4

In this thread:
[forums.reprap.org]
Sanguino-newby seems to have had the same troubles that I'm running into, he claimed the problem may be the Pin assignment and was unable to get it to work. He ended up moving on to Teacup which worked for him, but he didn't post exactly how he was able to make it work. At least nothing that I understand.

MrAlvin posted the pin assignment here:
[github.com]
which I think is for ATmega644P-20AU 44-pin SMD which is the microcontroller that Sanguino-newby claims this board uses. The problem there is that I have no earthly clue what to do with that information because changing pin assignments and adding definitions to Sprinter are beyond my experience level.

Anyways who knows maybe I'm just overlooking something simple in the config folder. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Re: Sanguinololu v1.3b
August 31, 2012 09:05PM
Hey guys,

Since my last post I've tried using Sanguino-0023r3 instead of Sanguino-0023r4 with Arduino 0023 and now I'm getting what looks like a more common error.

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

So I'm gonna look at that as improvement.

Your probably gonna think I'm an idiot for having just realized this, but I never soldered on the stepper drivers. Perhaps this is just a matter of bad contact.

Also, as promised, my Config folder is attatched. The only things changed are motherboard 62 is selected, calibration variables are added and SDsupport is commented out.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (15.8 KB)
October 12, 2012 06:26PM
i used arduino 0022 with no problems with my Sanga....

Think that one is recommended aswel
October 12, 2012 06:43PM
Forgot to post an update here. Sorry!

Did finally manage to get it to work with 0022, but that wasnt the major problem. My PSU at the time was acting weird and when I replaced it with a new hacked PSU everything worked fine. I think the power was cutting off at short intervals, sort of "blinking," and it kept the LED green but would cut off connections. Just a guess though.

Thank you Weedz! it's good that someone responded to the post.

-Tom
October 13, 2012 05:28AM

Forgot to post an update here.

Thanks for telling us the solution, Sniper!

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 15, 2012 07:19PM
Sniper4395 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey guys,
>
> Since my last post I've tried using
> Sanguino-0023r3 instead of Sanguino-0023r4 with
> Arduino 0023 and now I'm getting what looks like a
> more common error.
>
> avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
> avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error,
> expect=0x14, resp=0x51
>
I've found the above to be a common problem that occurs when using Windows 7 to upload to Sanguino.
The solution that seems to work consistently is to first change the Serial Port Baud Rate setting in Windows Device Manager from 9600 to 38400, and then change the Baud Rate entry in the boards.txt file entry for 644P to match this speed.

I'm not sure what the problem is there, but this fixes it. Using an identical setup under XP does not cause this much greif.
>
> So I'm gonna look at that as improvement.
>
> Your probably gonna think I'm an idiot for having
> just realized this, but I never soldered on the
> stepper drivers. Perhaps this is just a matter of
> bad contact.
>
> Also, as promised, my Config folder is attatched.
> The only things changed are motherboard 62 is
> selected, calibration variables are added and
> SDsupport is commented out.
October 19, 2012 05:13AM
Hello,

I had the same problem yesterday after soldering my Sanguinololu 1.3a kit with ATMEGA1284P on Windows 7 64 bits.

Note don't forget in the soldering the reset jumper, close to the ATMEGA !!

I wanted to try the configuration under Adruino 1.0.1 with these softwares :

http://arduino.googlecode.com/files/arduino-1.0.1-windows.zip

http://code.google.com/p/sanguino/downloads/detail?name=Sanguino-0101r1.zip&can=2&q=

So, After several tries, I modified the boards.txt file like that, in ATMEGA1284P 16MHz :

atmega1284.upload.protocol=arduino
atmega1284.upload.maximum_size=131072
atmega1284.upload.speed=57600

In fact, I replaced "stk500" by "arduino". Just it.
I didn't change the bauds rate in this file, and I tried 9600, 38400, 57600 and 115200. All the bauds rates worked well and I could upload new firmware.

Hope it could help some peoples
October 22, 2012 03:46AM
Can a 1.3b be upgraded with a ATMEGA1284P-AU surface mount chip? Is there any special tips you could give for doing the chip swap and and bootloader flash?
Thanks!
October 22, 2012 04:10AM
I don't know, my ATMEGA is pluggable. To be honest, it's my very first board ! :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login