Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1.3 heater_temp suddenly reads low values (2c at room temp)

Posted by sicarius 
1.3 heater_temp suddenly reads low values (2c at room temp)
November 06, 2012 12:46AM
Hi all,

I'm hugely impressed by this community, and to prevent unnecessary questions, ive tried all in my knowledge and on google before posting.

I've had sanguinololu 1.3 for almost a year now and been printing roll after roll on my mendel90 with it.. But after working on my hotend while the usb power was on, something seems to have happened that makes the temperature reading read awkward values.
Upon room temp, the heaterblock temp reads 2C, i tested it on the bed leads and there it reads correctly. The sensor is a 100k generic glass one, it also reads correct values when i measure it with a DMM
Tried hooking up a 33 and 10k resistor to the leads to get higher readings. It goes up to 14C with 10k, where it should be around 3-400 iirc
The next thing I tried is re-uploading the fw, which didn't resolve the issue.
Nextly i tried using the other AI pins that are on the breakout below the IC, this resulted into all kinds of wacky reading, from a pulsing 70-100 degree reading to a constant 350C one. (do notice i changed the pin defines to their respective pins in the arduino software)
I find this strange since they shpuld be unused (in fact the traces seem to go dorectly from IC pin to breakout)
Is there anything else i can try?
I'm not afraid to break it further, as i ordered a megatronics board already, but i really want to know what happened
Thanks in advance!

Edit: forgot to mention that the rest of the printer works fine, no strange behavior other than the heater temp problem

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2012 12:50AM by sicarius.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login