Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguino On Fire hot smiley

Posted by nefermu 
Sanguino On Fire hot smiley
December 02, 2012 03:12PM
My sanguinololu boad started to burn during printing. I need help to define the problem and repair the board. I know very little about electronics please help!.

[www.3byazici.com]
[3dprintertr.com]
Attachments:
open | download - sanguino1.JPG (30.9 KB)
open | download - sanguino2.JPG (37.3 KB)
VDX
Re: Sanguino On Fire hot smiley
December 03, 2012 06:14AM
... it seems the Pololu-driver pulled more current, than the pins could handle ... check for bad soldered pins and/or shorts ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
December 03, 2012 08:28AM
It was mounted on mdf (pins were touching to mdf). However, MDF is not conductive I dont think it can create short a circuit. I also need recommendations to repair the board.
VDX
December 03, 2012 08:38AM
... for repairing the boars you have to remove the burned/carbonized material, as it can cause short, then resolder the pins and/or draw wires between the pins if a trace is gone ... but check first, if your electronics are OK or what was causing the short. Good chance, that the involved current driving parts (MOSFETS's or driver-IC's) are overheated or wrecked ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 13, 2013 01:11AM
I just have my sanguino burn up (well, it didn't actually burn, but got super hot and no longer works).. I replaced it, and everything seems (so far.. still trying to configure everything), I don't know WHY it did that, but I do know I turned on the heat bed, and the thermosistor came out from under the bed, so the bed got super hot (I guess as it heats up, the resistance goes down? and too much amperage through the board, maybe?) So, did one of your thermistors fall out or fail causing the chip to overheat, possibly?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login