Incorrect label on Sanguinololu PCB?
January 26, 2013 01:25PM
I have been doing some firmware and hardware tinkering on my RepRapPro Huxley machine which is controlled by a Sanguinololu board (V1.3) and come across something which I have not seen documented anywhere - at least I think I have and would like some sanity confirmation please.

The heated bed on the RRP Huxley is not controlled via the onboard MOSFET designed for that purpose on the Sanguinololu board - this is commonly used to control an external fan. The RRP Huxley has a heated bed which has its own MOSFET and requires a digital output from the expansion header on the Sanguinololu board. Up until now, I have used D10 for this purpose but as my tinkering required the use of the Rx and Tx pair (D10 / D11) on the expansion header, I wanted to move to a different control pin for my heated bed.
What I have discovered is that the pin marked D12 on the Sanguinololu board is actually D4 meaning that the pin labelling on my board: 12V, 5V, D12, D11, D10, D17, D16 is wrong and that the sequence should read: 12V, 5V, D4, D11, D10, D17, D16

Can anybody else confirm this? If it is documented elsewhere, sorry but as said, I could not find any reference to it.
Taking the bull by the horns, I set my firmware according to my findings as above and all seems fine and dandy - my bed is now controlled by D4 in MARLIN PINS.H yet connected to the pin marked D12 on the Sanguinololu PC board.

Alan

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2013 06:04PM by Alzibiff.
Re: Incorrect label on Sanguinololu PCB?
February 03, 2013 03:54AM
Ive taken a look at this, You are correct!

That pin is D4

No one has noticed this before as far as im aware.

I have e-mail Joem (the board designer)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2013 04:21AM by Dust.
February 03, 2013 05:19AM
Dust - Thank you. I made my first edit to the Wiki a few days ago on the relevant page of the Sanguinololu section. It is good to get your confirmation.
Alan
February 03, 2013 11:53AM
Yeah, looks like an error in silkscreen to me. Good catch!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login