Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[solved]WorkDir open failed error

Posted by Sekritz 
[solved]WorkDir open failed error
March 30, 2013 11:29PM
Hi everyone,

This is my first go at making a 3dprinter so please bear with me if I don't know much. I have basically finished assembling my 3d printer and most things seem to be working fine including the extrusion. Im using a sanguinolo 1.3 with marlin right now. My problem occurs when I try to connect to the printer and I get this error.

Connecting...
start
Printer is now online.
echo:Marlin: 1.0.0 RC2
echo:Configuration.h: 2012-02-25 | Author: erik
echo:Free Memory:13091 PlannerBufferBytes:1168
echo:Using Default settings:
echo: SD init fail
workDir open failed

I've asked the guy who sold me the parts about the SD init fail error and he said it could be ignored and i can print without it for now. ( I don't actually have an sd card)

My other issue is the WorkDir open failed error. I have tried for 2 days to solve it with no luck, and google search didn't yield much either nor did asking in the irc chat(maybe I was unlucky). The thing is, I'm not sure what the error even means or where the issue is located at so I can try to solve it. I think it might be connected to an issue I have with the homing movement of my motors. Moving them normally works fine but when I press the home button it used to go all the way opposite the connectors and ram into the other side. I have fixed this issue, but I'm pretty sure it's a bandage fix sadly. I reversed it in arduino but when I press home now it moves in the right direction but only a centimeter or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I could provide more information please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2013 08:38AM by Sekritz.
Re: WorkDir open failed error
March 31, 2013 06:56AM
"workDir open failed" Looks like something in the firmware is trying to use the SD card despite it not being there. Marlin doesn't normally do that but it might be a bug in the version you are using.

I don't think it has anything to do with your motors. That is down to motor and endstop wiring / configuration. The easiest way to get the motors going in the right direction is to reverse the wires. Check the endstops work with M119.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Re: WorkDir open failed error
March 31, 2013 08:37AM
Thanks a lot. They were indeed not related to each other. I re-did my wiring of the motors and I managed to do my first print smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login