Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with Power Supply

Posted by arget888 
Problem with Power Supply
August 28, 2013 01:28PM
Hey,

I have a Sanguinololu Board with Screw Terminals. I bougth a PC Power Supply and connect the 12V output and the Ground to my Sanguinololu Board. If i plug it in the red LED on my Sanguinololu is ligthning up and the Steppers also work, but if i turn on the Heatbed the PC Power Supply shuts off. What can i do?

Sorry if my english is not so good winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2013 01:29PM by arget888.
Re: Problem with Power Supply
August 29, 2013 08:04AM
Check Heatbed is about 1.2 ohms and not a short.
Check power supply has at least 16 amps on the 12volt line
August 29, 2013 08:21AM
Hey,

The resistence of my Heatbed is 0.6 Ohm (the wiki says 0.8 [http://reprap.org/wiki/PCB_Heatbed#Electronics] i think thats ok).
My Power Supply supports up to 36 Amperes on the 12V line, i think thats also enough!

I read that a few of the Power supplys needs a base load, so i connected a DVD Drive and a Hard Drive but i get the same result, when i turn my heatbed on the power supply shuts down! I have the CP4-520-v2.0 from Speed LinkĀ (http://www.speedlink.com/?p=2&cat=2I2&pid=23642&paus=1)

sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2013 08:26AM by arget888.
August 30, 2013 12:20AM
Sounds good...

Plug your HBP directly into the power supply and turn on.
Does that work? if so it could be the driving fet on your reprap controller has a issue.

If it still shuts down... I supect power supply specs are not the truth
August 30, 2013 07:34AM
I contacted the retailer and he says that my heat bed is damaged, he will send me a new one. If I connect the heat bed directly to my Power Supply it dont turns on, and i testet the output on my Sanguinololu and it works so i hope that the problem is solved with the new heat bed!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login