Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

using a second sanguinolulu to expand extruders

Posted by prof111 
using a second sanguinolulu to expand extruders
September 14, 2013 07:39AM
Hi Everyone,
This is my first posting.
I have successfully built a Rostock with traxxas ends and Sanguinolulu 1.3a (with mod for fan control.)
I am using Kisslicer, Repetier host and both Marlin and repetier firmware.
My question is ....can I easily address 2 sanguinolulus using 2 extra drivers ( stepstick) on the second board.
I could not find anyone doing this on the forums.
My first thoughts were to piggy back initially one extra drive board for dual extruder and find a spare i/o to enable it as i had with the fan mod.
Then I thougtht Richraps triple blend head was where I would want to go (eventually). So I thought 2 sanguinolulus was a simple solution with lots of expansion.
But here is the crunch..I don't know how to program this, so need help.
Any suggestions welcome.
Re: using a second sanguinolulu to expand extruders
September 18, 2013 06:32AM
update after investigating Reprap pro Tricolor using 2 sanguinolulus.
Here are my thoughts so far. I really want a repetier firmware solution, but may have to look at alternatives.
1. Email Repetier for help.
2. Appy full Reprap pro Tricolor mendel firmware even though its a rostock delta! To verify i/o link to slave works.
Unless I can find other alternatives I shall try this with dry run.
3. Try to isolate the slave software and turn a mendel into a delta ! or a delta with slave addons.
This is where I lack the programming skills, but if no progress on any front will have learn to write some software.
I will anyway but just a little impatient to get this done now I have thought of it.

If anyone can come up with a comms patch or a few pointers for Rostock varient of Marlin , much appreciated.
Also any other forums discussing this.

I feel alone in trying this, has no one else tried it. I feel a multi feed bowden nozzle is the way forward, although I will accept a working dual as a starting point.

Finally I am going to the TCT show next week and would like to have progressed a little so I can ask sensible questions
Re: using a second sanguinolulu to expand extruders
September 24, 2013 09:33AM
Further update.on stages 1,2,3
1. Had a reply from Repetier, nothing in the pipeline there, recommended going to a Rumba.
2. Applied tricolor mendel software to my delta as a test and got correct response from the second Sanguinolulu , but dreadfully slow all round,(possibly because no sensors connected). I have a fan on/off mod which under normal circumstances is instant.. with extra board with serial connection...It took seconds!!! ( connection to original board)
3. Played around at combining sofwares but out of my depth, too many variables ..need to have some tips from software gurus.
I still believe it is possible to do this, if the firmware can be streamlined. I still think this is a better option than all of the present boards as it would give 5 extruders to do C,M,Y,B,W . and be more cost effective.

Or are there other expansion methods?

*******Please may I have a few opinions on this as buying a Rumba only gives tricolour for the future.

Also do those running tricolor mendel notice a slow down in response from mono? If not then the extra serial may not be a problem, and this is worth persuing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login