Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USB/Pronterface Connection issues.

Posted by theruss007 
USB/Pronterface Connection issues.
January 13, 2014 01:31PM
Hello,

I am using the 1.3a version. I am having connectivity problems with my board. Sometimes with the USB and sometimes with pronterface, but I do not know if the to are related.

I built the board a few months ago, and did limited testing, and then set it up for a while. After trying to reconnect it a week ago I kept getting a flag from Windows saying the USB device was not recognized. I updated the drivers for the FTDI and it did help out alot. It doesn't happen 100 percent of the time but it does connect alot more often than it did.

Also, it seems to connect only if I plug the PC side USB in first, and THEN the Sanguinololu side. When it does connect "succesfully" Windows will sometimes show the FT232 Device connected, with a flag, but most of the time it doesn't.

Now this is where Pronterface comes in. Sometimes it will connect to the printer fine, but most of the time it will fill the terminal window with an ERROR 2 or ERROR 5 message, until the it crashes. I'll post the exact error message if that makes a difference.

So basically I'd like to fix both of these issues. 1. Make the USB reliable. and 2. Make the Pronterface connection reliable.

Thanks in advance.
Re: USB/Pronterface Connection issues.
January 17, 2014 02:15PM
Recently, I have started assembling a new Prusa, and cannot get the sanguinololu to connect to pronterface. The port is correct and so is the baud rate, however, it will still not connect. Any help is much appreciated

edit: here is the link to the exact kit I have started assembling
[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 02:16PM by morrist.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login