Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need help to program sanguinolou

Posted by alan-oz 
need help to program sanguinolou
April 25, 2014 02:52PM
Hi I have put together a Prusa Mendel Printer, it has a Sanguinololu board, the kit came from Amozn. All it does when it is powered is to move the x and y motor a few steps in each direction and back again. So the board must have a boot loader! and some sort of a program. I have a new Atmega chip and a Arduino uno. I have arduino 1.01 version and have added gen7 to it. I am using the Arduino with it chip in and using the MSo MSI pins The Arduino has a 1284 board listed and I was able to burn a bootloader and write blink to the new chip. I have tried to compile sprinter It reports an error Cpp:28:/pin.h:439:3 .
It will compile using 2560 mega !
Can Anyone Help ! I do not Know what I need to Do.
Thanks Alan.
Re: need help to program sanguinolou
April 25, 2014 03:55PM
alan-oz
All it does when it is powered is to move the x and y motor a few steps in each direction and back again. So the board must have a boot loader!

Inaccurate conclusion. It's entirely possible to have a firmware, but no bootloader on such a board.

alan-oz
I have tried to compile sprinter It reports an error Cpp:28:/pin.h:439:3 .

That's not a hardware of programming problem, but a bug in Sprinter.

alan-oz
It will compile using 2560 mega !

Again, that's inaccurate. You compile on your PC. And please don't tell me you compile for a 2560 when your Sanguinololu is equipped with an 1284P. smiling smiley

If you have trouble, why don't you ask the vendor? He has your money so he should help you to getting it running.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

April 25, 2014 09:00PM
upgrade to arduino 1.0.5 [arduino.cc]

Is there anything more to the error? thats doesn’t seem complete
April 26, 2014 04:34PM
Hi Have upgraded to Arduino 1.0.5 the 1284 board does not show up in board list I have tried to installing gen 7 v2.1, it still does not show in boards.
I place gen 7 in hardware folder is that still right.
April 27, 2014 06:20AM
If the additional boards don't show up you apparently placed the files into the wrong spot.

April 29, 2014 01:48PM
Thanks for that I have got the the gen7 in the right place and it has compiled sprinter. But now find the two chip I have will not program and I need too erase
the chip! I have down loaded the 1284p data sheet and going to make parallel chip programmer, hope this fixes the problem.
April 30, 2014 08:29AM
Erasing the chip is done every time you upload something. Maybe you simply miss the bootloader, quite some vendors upload firmware without bootloader, using an ICSP programmer. Parallel programmers are rarely in use, it's much easier to make a ICSP one using the parallel port: [www.arduino.cc]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login