Sanguinololu 1.3a usb issue
June 20, 2014 05:40PM
Hi, I just received the motherboard today, i had ordered it from RepRapWorld. I am connecting it to the USB, but it does not recognize it. It just says FT232R USB UART. I tried to update the drivers, but couldn't find any. Actually this is my very first experience in this kind of work so i am no very familiar with the software if someone can point me to the correct drivers for this motherboard this would be great smiling smiley

PS. I should mention that i am running Windows 8.1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2014 05:43PM by ts87.
Re: Sanguinololu 1.3a usb issue
June 21, 2014 07:24AM
Update. I am trying to burn the bootloared but keep receiving:
This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.5-r2 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: "Sanguino W/ ATmega1284p 16mhz"
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x41,0x00,0xd1,0xd7 etc.
September 13, 2014 09:24AM
Hi!

Try updating the device driver under the Device Manager with this drivers: [www.ftdichip.com]
That should fix it!
October 10, 2014 04:30AM
Hi

See: [forums.reprap.org]

Melzi owners are experiencing the same thing. Melzi and Sanguinololu are basically use the same electronics, and the Arduino chip on both connects to the USB using an FTDI chip. The Microsoft driver update seems to cause this to fail. We're trying to work out why, how to uninstall the Microsoft version (2.8.30.0) and install the later version from FTDI (2.12.0.0) (also included in the Arduino IDE 1.0.6 package). Any help/experimentation/fix for this would be greatly appreciated!

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login