Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstops acting odd confused smiley

Posted by Skidd 
Endstops acting odd confused smiley
July 01, 2014 04:44PM
Well, here's a bit of what I've got to fix: [imgur.com]
It reads two endstops pressed when only one has been. It seems to be affecting the Z axis, then somehow seems to "infect" the Y axis switch.
for now, I don't have any pics of the board, but I don't have any LCD board, and I'm running Marlin, and I have tried to re-upload the config.h with different pull-up configs on the endstops, just to see if that would fix it... long story short, it didn't and I"ve since reconfigured the board back to the way it was before.

I was out of town for a buisness trip for three weeks, so I hadn't printed since the begining of June... and I had no probelms then. If I could get some help, I would appreciate it smiling smiley
(I've got something that I want to print for this weekend!) Thanks! Chris, AKA Skidd
Re: Endstops acting odd confused smiley
July 02, 2014 08:54AM
I just wrote a general endstop testing and troubleshooting guide. Double-reactions are mentioned as well. Does this answer your question?

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 03, 2014 11:00PM
Well, that did give me an idea of using metal tape to wrap my cables.... I just hope that its enough to stop the EM signals from "jumping ship" to trigger both switches. Thanks for the idea!

EDIT: Well, that Idea fixed it! grinning smiley so, I guess, if the cables don't have any kind of shielding, this may help! Metal tape is generally found in the heating and A/C section, because its used for sealing air ducts. generally a roll is pretty cheap, $7 - $10 USD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2014 11:33PM by Skidd.
July 04, 2014 06:43AM
Skidd
Well, that did give me an idea of using metal tape to wrap my cables....

Obviously I didn't write as well as intended. Concerning about disconnected signal wires is a waste. Either you connect them or disable them in firmware. Could you please improve what I wrote there in a manner understandable by everybody? Thanks a lot!

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 04, 2014 12:43PM
Well, maybe that idea isn't working so well... I'm starting to think that my motherboard has a short somewhere, because no matter what I do, whether I switch it to a known good switch and cable, it does the same thing.... so at this point I'm stumped.

As for the Wiki, it seems to be good, but the section that gave me the Idea was the electromagnetic noise part. What I essentialy did, was create a shielded cable by wrapping it with aluminum tape. The Idea seemed to work, but after one or two sucessfull prints, The same thing happened, which is making me think that my motherboard has a short.

So I guess, my next question would be relating to the Sang board and the Marlin firmware.

At least until I have some more Cash on hand to get a new board, I need to keep this printer working. So in the meantime, I would like to map the sensor input to a different set of pins on the sanguinololu. What I need to know, is what pins do I set them to in the pins.h section of the marlin firmware? Is this possible? (if possible, what I would like to do is swap it with the bed temp pins, because I don't have a heated bed, and am currently limited to PLA)

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login