Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguinololu firmware and enabling eeprom

Posted by jwhitmore 
Sanguinololu firmware and enabling eeprom
July 20, 2014 12:29PM
I'm working through calibration of my huxley from the reprap wiki:
[reprap.org]

I'm at the part which sets the steps per mm for extrusion. The wiki says the current value can be checked with the GCode command M503. I asked on the IRC about this as this command does nothing on my machine. I was told that the EEPROM is probably not enabled in the firmware of the sanguinololu. It took me a while to even work out how to find out what firmware was in my device. I eventually found the GCode command for this and found out that I'd got Sprinter firmware installed. My next step was to clone the Sprinter git repo to look at the code to see what the command was to enable the EEPROM but can't find any switch in the build env or any reference to a GCode command.

Can anybody tell me how you enable the EEPROM in the Sprinter firmware.

In addition I've got arduino_1.0.5 installed and the Sprinter won't build as it has problems with this version of Arduino. Can anybody tell me where the best place is to get info on the Sprinter firmware?
Re: Sanguinololu firmware and enabling eeprom
July 21, 2014 06:54AM
Marlin and Teacup firmware work on this board, too. Just saying.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 21, 2014 09:13AM
You need to get it building. eeprom is a build option

make sire to remove the comments "//" from the following in configuration.h
#define USE_EEPROM_SETTINGS
#define PRINT_EEPROM_SETTING

What error are you getting when you try and compile?

I just tried Arduino 1.0.5 and it compiled fine.

Re Marlin, if you have a 1284p chip (vs 644p) you can install the the much newer marlin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 09:17AM by Dust.
July 21, 2014 03:35PM
Thanks a million for that Dust totally missed those configuration options. The error I'm getting is:

make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/share/arduino-1.0.5/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/pins_arduino.o', needed by `applet/core.a'. Stop.

I've setup the makefile to point at my arduino install:

#INSTALL_DIR = ../../arduino22/arduino-0022/
INSTALL_DIR = /usr/share/arduino-1.0.5

arduino-1.0.5 don't contain a file pins_arduino.c, anywhere in the tree.
July 21, 2014 08:28PM
I dont think the make file is very well maintined... looks like its hardcoded for 022 (more than just the path)

Use the arduino GUI and load the Sprinter.pde file. then just hit the verify icon.

If that works then you have to make sure that endstops and thermisters match your hardware in configuration.h
Just about everything else is then editable in eeprom settings later.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 08:31PM by Dust.
July 22, 2014 06:24PM
Dust, once again thanks a million. I'm more used to working without IDE's so just jumped at the Makefile when I saw it. The project does build fine. Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login