Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unable to get constant temperature control on my Sanguinololou

Posted by rakshithb174 
Unable to get constant temperature control on my Sanguinololou
December 20, 2014 03:13PM
Hey All,

I recently brought a sain smart sanguinololu v1.3 a kit from amazon (Link

1. I uploaded the Marlin firmware after selecting motherboard as 62 in configuration.h file (This is the only change i made) - Downloaded from here (Link)
2. I could not get the motors to run
3. I changed to sprinter firmware (Again made necessary changes) - Downloaded from here - Now i got the motors working
4. In both the cases I found the temperature to increase rapidly and beyond the temperature set in repetier host. Eg: If i set the tempearture to 230C in repetier host, it would not stabilise reaching there, it would continue to increase rapidly. I also observed that the terminal for hot end/tip was constantly giving out 12.47V while the bed terminal was giving out 0V.

I am unable to get temperature under control. Can anyone help me on this ??

Btw i am using 100K thermistor. I can read the temperature correctly in repetier host.

Thanks
Rakshith
Re: Unable to get constant temperature control on my Sanguinololou
December 21, 2014 01:13PM
Anybody having similar issues or have faced similar issues on sanguinololu ? Please help me !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2014 01:14PM by rakshithb174.
March 15, 2015 01:33PM
Hi,

I'm using a sanguinololu with Marlin on a Prusa I3. It's a second hand fix-em-upper and I'm still trying to get it to work (having issues with temperature reporting now).

I don't know the reason for the temperature issue you are haviing but did have problems getting the motors running at the start. But it turned out that my second hand sanguinololu did not have the jumpers installed (underneath the drivers - which is why I hadn't noticed that before) and was not running at 16 Hz (bleh). So I got them from another board and after that it was a matter of adjusting the drivers' resistor to finetune the energy to the motors and all was running fine.

The heating of bed and extruder worked fine and up till this morning the reporting of the temperature worked fine too.

Best regards,
Ming-Hua
June 28, 2015 05:50PM
Hi there, got it sorted yet? I'll have a look at the jumpers as Minimaker suggested, but yes I have the same issue. If it is not the extruder maxing out it is the bed, and it does not respond to any command from Repetier manual control once it started heating.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login