Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need AVRDUDE guru/bootloader help

Posted by graybeardtx 
Need AVRDUDE guru/bootloader help
June 06, 2016 09:52PM
So here is the situation. I am using an Arduino UNO (Actually and OSEPP Uno R3 Plus) as an ISP programmer.
The target board is a Melzi V3 Ebay upgrade to an ATmega1284P chip.
Running the ATmega_Board_Detector sketch from Nick Gammon I can query the chip and get all the information about the chip and the bootloader from that sketch (See attached file Board_Detected.txt).
When I run the ATmega_Board_Programmer sketch however, the sketch fails Because something is not defined. I am not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination so I don't know what this means or how to track it down.(See the attached file ProgrammerError.txt)
If I run the programmer from the command line, I get an error about an invalid signature and the program exits.Even if I use the -F to force skipping the verification step, the program exist aftere setting everything into safe mode. (See attache file (CommandLine.txt)

So since the Gammon Sketch was able to read the board signature, I'm guessing that something is missing in the command line but I have no idea what nor how to find out other than ask for help from the gurus on these forums.
Re: Need AVRDUDE guru/bootloader help
June 09, 2016 01:24PM
It would appear that I need a wizard rather than just a guru. After numerous retries and an interval where I used the setup to program a couple
of ATMega328P chips, this attempt went off as if nothing had ever been wrong. Go figure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login