Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen6 problem and confusion

Posted by Phobia1 
Gen6 problem and confusion
February 14, 2011 12:25PM
Hi Guys an Gals
Its fun time for me. This time for my 2nd Mendel I got Gen6. What a minefield it seems to be.
I have finally got the code to compile and even though have followed the guidelines with reset and then upload, the green debug LED is constantly lit or it just appears that way. I have Arduinio 022 compiler. How to check that the compilation for Sanquino is uploaded? And then what do I have to do?

any help would be very much appreciated
Best to all
F
Re: Gen6 problem and confusion
February 14, 2011 07:32PM
All is good with your LEDs.
I have same compiler.
Sanguino can be selected from the from the Tools->Board menu.

You then compile, and upload to the board.
Make sure that you wait til done. (progress can be seen near the bottom)
When it is done, you can reset GEN6 and then you are done.

The GEN6 is already preloaded, BTW.
February 15, 2011 08:28AM
My Mendel with Gen6 is working.
It must be made clear to everyone IMHO that the boostrapper is pre-loaded before you receive the Gen 6.

I used Arduino 18 and 22 and Both in the end work. Its simply a matter of holding your finger on the reset button and count as a variable. So hit send to board whilst holding the reset button, now count, 1 and 2 etc.
mine was 6, then release the button and watch the debug light. It should flash as the file is uploaded.
Then hit reset again and all should work.
Best and good luck to all
F
February 15, 2011 09:12AM
This problem seems to come up over and over again. Presumably the IDE is supposed to reset the board at the correct time by pulsing the RTS line. Why is it that this never seems to be implemented on these Arduino lookalike boards?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
February 15, 2011 09:31AM
I have original Makerbot Gen3 electronics and I also have to manually press the reset button.
The jumper JP8 is in so it must be the 100nF capacitor (C8) that is the problem in my case. confused smiley

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
VDX
February 15, 2011 09:58AM
... look here for the auto-reset hints with windows: [www.ladyada.net]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 15, 2011 10:16AM
Adding USB with a miniUSB (or other USB breakout board)
Connecting a FTDI breakout board is easy, wire up 5V and ground so that they are shared with the boarduino, then connect tx and rx. If you are planning to use the 'auto-reset' capability, you will need to place a capacitor (.1uF is just fine) between the DTR line and the reset pin. For the FTDI cable connector, this capacitor is on the board but since there may be situations where the reset line for the microcontroller needs to be connected straight to TTL logic, there is no capacitor on the reset pin.

The Gen3 electronics Motherboard has the RTS line wired to Reset not the DTR line!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login