Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't Load Motherboard Firmware

Posted by abradle2 
Can't Load Motherboard Firmware
March 03, 2011 12:30AM
I got a sanguino-based motherboard (techzone v1.3) and I can't seem to communicate with the firmware that I upload to the board. I am using Arduino 21 software on debian (and tried on Mac and Ubuntu) with FiveD firmware version 20101023, and using reprap host software version 20110207. I can upload my own programs to the sanguino from the Arduino program, so I know that I can talk to the motherboard with a python script. According to the arduino software, I can successfully upload the reprap firmware to the sanguino. I can also upload the reprap firmware to an Arduino Mega that I have laying around, and the upload works fine. I can even communicate with the Mega via the host software.

Here's the interesting part: I can sometimes get the sanguino to communicate with a python script which just reads data from the serial port. Sometimes I will get nothing from the Sanguino, and sometimes I will get something like "stasta" like it is trying to output the "start" that I expect. This seemed like a baud rate issue, so I fiddled with baud rates, but had no success. I have added debugging "Serial.print()" commands in various places throughout the firmware, and I don't read any of them with the python script (even the ones in the setup() function).

I am fairly new to embedded programming, so I hope I have simply overlooked something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Mendel all mechanically constructed, and I just need to get the firmware up and running.
Re: Can't Load Motherboard Firmware
March 03, 2011 12:51AM
One thing I thought might be useful to know is that the LED on the sanguino pin 0 still does the 3 quick flashes, pause, one more flash after the firmware is uploaded (as opposed to the 0.5 Hz I expect)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login