Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguinololu 1.3a, Marlin 1.1.9

Posted by MKSA 
Sanguinololu 1.3a, Marlin 1.1.9
August 07, 2018 02:29AM
Early this year, under Arduino 1.8.6 I managed to compile, upload, run Marlin 1.1.8 on this old board.

Today, I wanted to give a try to 1.1.9 the last and final 8 bits Marlin. Using the same env., compilation of 1.1.9 it fails with this error:

Arduino: 1.8.6 Hourly Build 2018/01/03 03:33 (Windows 7), Board: "Sanguino, ATmega1284 or ATmega1284P (16 MHz)"

pins_RAMPS.h:48: error: #error "Oops! Make sure you have 'Arduino Mega' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu."

#error "Oops! Make sure you have 'Arduino Mega' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu."

^

exit status 1
#error "Oops! Make sure you have 'Arduino Mega' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu."

Compilation of 1.1.8 in the same env, still works.
Had a quick look on the Marlin site but couldn't determine if this old board is still OK for 1.1.9.

Note I am not really using this board anymore, I use Smoothie but wanted to see the difference between the two controller/firmware on the same 3D printer. This helps distinguish issues due to the mechanic of the printer and the controller/firmware.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
Re: Sanguinololu 1.3a, Marlin 1.1.9
August 07, 2018 05:41AM
You did update #define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_SANGUINOLOLU_12

as I just cloned it and tried it and it still compiles. (after setting the board and MPU etc)
Re: Sanguinololu 1.3a, Marlin 1.1.9
August 07, 2018 12:10PM
Thanks.
Forgot to change that (and other stuff BTW). Even had to make again the downgrade of the upload speed !
My fault, I didn't document as I assumed there would be nothing after 1.1.8. Now it is OK.
As I said, I just put the Sanguino back to compare.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2018 03:42PM by MKSA.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login