Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BLTouch not working on Anet A8

Posted by lukaspanic 
BLTouch not working on Anet A8
February 04, 2019 03:09PM
Hi everyone,

I have installed a BLTouch bed probe on my Anet A8 running Marlin 1.1.9. When I either "Auto Home" or "Level Bed" X and Y are homed correctly. Then the Z axis moves up slightly (10mm) and the BLTouch extends and retracts once. With the BLTouch now retracted the Z axis moves down until the nozzle crashes into the table.
What did I configure wrong?

Additional Info:
When starting the printer the probe does it's two extend/retract cycles and then lights up red (constant, not blinking). I assume that means it's happy.
I had to disable the SD card in Marlin because the motherboard did not have enough memory for the code. I am running files through USB. Homing etc still happens through the LCD.
Anet A8
E3D V6 Hotend with direct drive
Marlin 1.1.9
LCD Display 12864 (same as in Anet A6)
some mechanical upgrades like igus bearings etc, nothing relevant to the problem
Re: BLTouch not working on Anet A8
February 04, 2019 08:53PM
Upload you configuration.h file a a google drive share post the link will take a look for you.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
February 05, 2019 10:20AM
February 05, 2019 07:06PM
Have you tried sending M119 - Endstop States

February 06, 2019 11:24AM
I think I did but I don't remember though when exactly in the process I did so let me try that again when I'm home tonight and I'll report back. I started installing a new electronics housing for the A8 last night so it might take me another day to get everything back together so I can test it.

Thank you
February 06, 2019 04:33PM
Will be waiting for your reply.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login