Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using Pin 29 on a Creality v1.1.4 Melzi Board...

Posted by R23D 
Using Pin 29 on a Creality v1.1.4 Melzi Board...
February 16, 2021 09:46AM
Hi,
I hope this is the best part of the forum in which to ask this. I could not decide. I want to use Pin 29 rather than the usual Pin 27 to install a BLTouch style probe ono a machine with a Creality v1.1.4 melzi board. I just want to double check that a don't have to make any other changes in any part of the Marlin firmware to make Pin 29 active rather than Pin 27 other than to write #define SERVO0_PIN 29 into the Marlin config.h file. The reason I ask is because, my probe does its little self test upon boot-up, the led turns on and the probe pin deploys and retracts twice but then it will not respond to any commands from the Marlin BLTouch menu and doesn't deploy the probe pin when sent g28 homing commands either and I have to switch off to avoid a nasty crash. Any help would be greatly appreciated. smiling smiley

Oh, I should probably also add that the probe appears to be working 100% perfectly when attached to Pin 27. Hence my confusion...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2021 01:25PM by R23D.
Re: Using Pin 29 on a Creality v1.1.4 Melzi Board...
March 04, 2021 10:20AM
Ok. After returning from holidays, I can finally answer my own question with the hope that it may help others. The answer is 'no, you don't have to do anything else other than write #define SERVO0_PIN 29 into the Marlin config.h file' in order to make pin 29 active. The reason my unit was failing to operate properly was a faulty physical connection to the pin. Now that that problem has been resolved, the probe works properly and is fully functional on pin 29. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2021 10:21AM by R23D.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login