Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguinololu 1.3a XYZ move only positive direction

Posted by billyzelsnack 
Sanguinololu 1.3a XYZ move only positive direction
September 08, 2011 06:55PM
Nice kit. Not much trouble getting things up and running except X, Y, and Z will only run in the positive direction. E works in both directions though.

I left the MS1 pulldown resistors off in the build because I intend on running 4988's, but at the moment I have 4983's in there with MS1 jumped. Maybe this is my issue? Though I'm thinking that it is unlikely because E does work in both directions.

I also tried pronsole and got the same results. move X 10 works, but move X -10 does not. No motor jiggle or anything. I've tried various orderings of motors and drivers and no luck. Also, these motors and drivers are out of my other printer so they are known to be working.

My pronterface and sprinter are built from off of git from earlier today and I'm running this on Win7.

Any ideas?
Re: Sanguinololu 1.3a XYZ move only positive direction
September 08, 2011 07:40PM
You need to invert your endstops in the firmware. It thinks its already at the endstop so it will only go away from it.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Re: Sanguinololu 1.3a XYZ move only positive direction
September 08, 2011 08:35PM
Ah ok makes sense. Thanks for the fast reply. I remember seeing something about that somewhere, but I didn't know the "why" and just thought it as a preference rather than a requirement so I dumbly just ignored it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login