Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Piezoelectric Transducer Trigger/sensor project

Posted by nikoTesla 
Piezoelectric Transducer Trigger/sensor project
August 24, 2014 09:32PM
Hi, I'm a physics student from Nigeria and I'm interested in doing a project involving piezoelectric transducers.
The project will deal with how a piezoelectric material can produce voltage from the mechanical stress of a human footstep,
so my first question would be how and where can I find (buy) a piezoelectric transducer (plate) that can withstand the weight
of a footstep and is not so sensitive to vibration that any little disturbance will produce voltage. Or how can I dampen the
voltage response produced from ordinary vibrations/sounds/disturbances?

Please suggest which of the following products on Aliexpress.com will be best suitable for this purpose (that's basically
the only place I can easily get these piezoelectric materials shipped to Nigeria)

[www.aliexpress.com]

[www.aliexpress.com]

[www.aliexpress.com]

[www.aliexpress.com]

[www.aliexpress.com]

If none of these piezoelectric products can do the job, can you please suggest where I can get the right materials.

Secondly, I need the piezoelectric transducer to act as a sort of trigger/sensor such that the voltage is maintained for as long
as the foot is on the device, as soon as the foot is removed, the voltage should be cut-off. Can the circuit described in this
thread (using IC 555) be used for this specific purpose?

[forum.allaboutcircuits.com]

Can you give me any TESTED circuit where a piezo trigger (or sensor) is made to produce constant voltage when pressed (or strained
in one direction) and voltage is cut-off when pressure is released.

Will be expecting your informative replies. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login