Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New shield for arduino Due RURAMPS 4D

Posted by svs072477 
New shield for arduino Due RURAMPS 4D
November 08, 2017 03:39AM
Hi,
I developed a new shield for arduino due RURAMPS4D.

http://3dtoday.ru/blogs/svs0724/ruramps4d-ramps-for-adruino-due-the-pilot-shipment-available-for-zack/

I tried different firmware, and on Mk4DUE 4.3.2 encountered a problem:
The HotEnd0, controlled from pin 13 arduino, will not turn on. On other firmware everything works.

Here is the pinout file of the board
1410.h

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem?
Re: New shield for arduino Due RURAMPS 4D
November 08, 2017 08:33AM
Does that firmware enable the CPU temperature sensor?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 08, 2017 08:43AM
dc42
I don't know. How to verify this.
November 08, 2017 08:57AM
Look at the firmware source, or ask the author(s).

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

November 09, 2017 02:45AM
dc42

Yes the problem was in the mcu temperature sensor, Thanks
November 09, 2017 03:27AM
By way of explanation, there is a bug in the SAM3X microcontroller chip. If you enable the ADC input to read the on-chip temperature sensor, port PB27 no longer works.

In the build of RepRapFirmware for Arduino Due + RADDS, we disable the CPU temperature monitoring facility for this reason.

Are you planning to support RepRapFirmware on your board too? If the pinout of your shield is the same as RADDS, then the RADDS build of RepRapFirmware may work on it as-is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 03:33AM by dc42.

November 10, 2017 01:32AM
dc42
By way of explanation, there is a bug in the SAM3X microcontroller chip. If you enable the ADC input to read the on-chip temperature sensor, port PB27 no longer works.

In the build of RepRapFirmware for Arduino Due + RADDS, we disable the CPU temperature monitoring facility for this reason.

Are you planning to support RepRapFirmware on your board too? If the pinout of your shield is the same as RADDS, then the RADDS build of RepRapFirmware may work on it as-is.

RepRapFirmware has not seen, I can try.

Adding the pins to the file for Repeater FW is almost ready, I check some more points. In Mk4Duo the developer has already corrected the moment with the temperature sensor for the mcu. The sensor is now enabled only if it is specified in the board configuration file.
December 13, 2017 03:18AM
dc42

Hi.
Advise which assembly reprapfirmware is better to take as a basis for RURAPMS4D: dc42 or fork from dcnewman. I assembled the version 1.20 dc42, having previously changed the pins_rads.h for my board. The basic functions with this firmware work. There are connectors for connecting Nextion display and ESP8266-01 (connected to Serial1 and Serial2, respectively) .EPS8266-01 with ESPRINTER firmware is not connected to the printer, M575 P2 B115200 S0 is added to the config. Mk4DUO + ESP3D is working. Tell me what needs to be configured so that the printer starts accepting commands from Serial2 or Serial1.
Or maybe it's better to try the fork dcnewman?

Thanks
December 13, 2017 04:00AM
The Pins_RADDS file defines two serial ports, of which the first is the USB port. So one of the real serial ports should work already. To get the other one working you would need to increase NUM_SERIAL_CHANNELS to 3 and define SERIAL_AUX2_DEVICE as Serial2.

AFAIK dcnewman hasn't done much work on his fork since I integrated it into mine, but I could be wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2017 04:02AM by dc42.

December 13, 2017 04:35AM
dc42
The Pins_RADDS file defines two serial ports, of which the first is the USB port. So one of the real serial ports should work already. To get the other one working you would need to increase NUM_SERIAL_CHANNELS to 3 and define SERIAL_AUX2_DEVICE as Serial2.

AFAIK dcnewman hasn't done much work on his fork since I integrated it into mine, but I could be wrong.

Thanks, SERIAL_AUX2_DEVICE as Serial2 I have already added to the file. Maybe I incorrectly decided to use the web interface ESPRINTER? Perhaps I need uploadl in the ESP8266 firmware for reprapfirmware? and add files to the SD card in the folder /www? But I did not understand where to get this firmware, but will the ESP8266 work through the serial interface in this case, or will it necessarily be connected via the SIP?
And whether it is necessary to change in pins_radds.h
#define HAS_LWIP_NETWORKING 0
to
#define HAS_LWIP_NETWORKING 1
December 13, 2017 04:39AM
To use an ESP8266 connected via serial only, ESPRINTER is the way to go. The ESP8266 support in RRF assumes a high speed SPI interface between the ESP8266 and the main processor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2017 04:39AM by dc42.

December 13, 2017 06:42AM
dc42
To use an ESP8266 connected via serial only, ESPRINTER is the way to go. The ESP8266 support in RRF assumes a high speed SPI interface between the ESP8266 and the main processor.

ОК, аnd if I connect ESP8266-12 to SPI on Due, using CS_ETH, can I use the native RRF web interface?
December 13, 2017 12:11PM
If you want to try that, I suggest you look at the Duet WiFi schematic. You'll also need to make a few firmware changes, because although I prototyped the WiFi interface on a hacked Duet 085 two years ago, all the subsequent development has been done using the SAM4E processor. So some changes may be needed. Also the SPI bus on the Duet WiFi is dedicated to the ESP and I doubt that sharing it with the SD card or anything else would work well because of the high speed.

December 13, 2017 05:02PM
dc42
If you want to try that, I suggest you look at the Duet WiFi schematic. You'll also need to make a few firmware changes, because although I prototyped the WiFi interface on a hacked Duet 085 two years ago, all the subsequent development has been done using the SAM4E processor. So some changes may be needed. Also the SPI bus on the Duet WiFi is dedicated to the ESP and I doubt that sharing it with the SD card or anything else would work well because of the high speed.

ОК, I will try in my spare time

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login